Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Glamorous Gaps



As my faithful followers will have, doubtless, noticed, I spend much time and energy cruising the digital byways. A lot of this time is spent on vintage sites, but I don't neglect sites with a more contemporary focus. Lately I have been seeing a lot of this attractive young lady, (shown above and below) who is the latest hot thing in fashion models, Georgia Jagger.



The most noticeable thing to me about this young lady's face is the gap between her front teeth. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not ragging on her. I think it's cute. Very attractive, actually.


It's just that it reminded me that there is another gap-toothed young lady I've been seeing a lot of lately. Her name is Lara Stone, (above and below) and she is also a, recently very popular, fashion model.


Is there something about having the cute gap-toothed-ness thing going which has, of late, become de rigueur in the world of modelling?


Lauren Hutton

Of course, the original gap-toothed model was Lauren Hutton in the 1970s. She famously refused to have her teeth "fixed," even after she could afford it, and is today a delightful and attractively gap-toothed 66 year old.


Lauren Hutton


Other notable gap-toothed lovelies include singer/actress/model (and longtime squeeze of Johnny Depp) Vanessa Paradis (above) and model Omahyra Mota. (below)




Actress Jane Birkin has some of the gap-toothed goodness going on too.


Anna Paquin of HBO's "True Blood." Nuff said!


Now, I'm a relatively normal, post-middle-aged heterosexual American male, which is just another way of saying that I don't know or care anything at all about women's fashion, so I offer all this just as an observation. I don't pretend to understand any of it. I just enjoy looking. Heck, I don't even understand why, if those girls are supposed to be fashion models, I see so many pictures of them not wearing much of anything at all, but live and let live. I'm not here to criticize! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment